At World Relief Moline, our refugee programs thrive under the support of an outstanding team of local volunteers, churches, and community organizations. With a mission to empower the local church to serve the most vulnerable, World Relief staff are passionate about training and supporting leaders in refugee care and ministry.
There are many ways for congregations, small groups, and individuals to get involved!
- Volunteer as an individual, family, or small group
- Collect items for a Good Neighbor Kit
- Form a Family Friendship Team and partner with a refugee family for 3 months post-arrival. This involves a once-per-week outing or relational visit that adjusts the family to their new community.
- "Adopt" a refugee family for the amount of time they are in the World Relief program (3-6 months). This involves assisting in specific tasks (such as driving them to doctor appointments, helping purchase groceries, etc.) that will help the family adjust to their new life in the Quad Cities.
- Take a special offering for refugee families in the Quad Cities in need of extra support
- Invite a refugee family or neighborhood to worship with your congregation
- Hold an event at your church - ask refugees and Americans alike to join for fellowship
World Relief staff visit local churches, community organizations, and small group meetings on a regular basis to raise awareness about refugee issues in the Quad Cities. We would love to speak with your congregation or group about ways to support World Relief's programs through prayer, finance, volunteering, and/or advocacy.
For more information about partnership opportunities, to recieve a volunteer orientation course, or to schedule a presentation for your congregation, group, or organization, please contact our office at 309-764-2279 or email@example.com