Interested in becoming a Volunteer?
Volunteers are an integral piece of World Relief’s puzzle, greatly assisting World Relief Moline in serving vulnerable populations through our programs.
World Relief Moline utilizes volunteers on a regular basis to aid in the fulfillment of program requirements, and to provide mentorship, friendship, and general assistance to refugees and refugee families. Prior to refugee arrivals, volunteers assist staff in gathering donations for refugee housing, setting up housing, and grocery shopping for new arrivals.
Volunteers are also trained by World Relief Moline's staff to help refugees once they have arrived in the United States, aiding staff in helping refugees adjust to a new environment, culture, and lifestyle.
Volunteers donate their time and resources, providing support to newcomers by:
- Transporting refugees to necessary medical appointments
- Assisting refugees in shopping for groceries and climate-appropriate clothing
- Teaching refugees to navigate the community via public transportation.
- Helping to teach refugees basic living skills such as housekeeping and budgeting
- Serving as ESL tutors, interpreters, and translators (only if you possess the necessary skills)
- Functioning as a "cultural and community guide" - helping refugees learn about their new community and the public resources available to them, demonstrating personal and public safety practices, and answering questions they may have about their new environments
For more information, contact our office at 309-764-2279.
Please fill out the application below and turn it in to join the volunteer team at World Relief Moline!
To browse paid positions with World Relief, click here.